Plumbing and Remedial Works
In order to reduce the risk of Legionnaires Disease it may be necessary to carry out plumbing and remedial works on the water system.
Safe Aqua Limited ensures all plumbing and remedial works are carried out by our highly trained staff to ensure that the remedial actions are completed in accordance with the requirements of ACoP L8, Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 and Byelaw 30 and where appropriate include disinfection to BS 8558:2011 standard.
Site Surveys are carried out to assess the work required and we supply Method Statements and Risk Assessments prior to the work commencing.
We are able to offer a wide range of remedial works, such as:
- Installing Thermostatic Mixer Valves
- Removing stored capacity and converting system to mains supply
- Repairing or replacing water heaters i.e calorifiers, hot water cylinders etc
- Removal of deadlegs (redundant pipework or water service) or other unwanted water services
- Installation and supply of new cold water storage tanks
- Insulating water storage tanks and its associated pipe work
- Reconfiguration of pipe work within a cold water storage tank e.g make up water inlet to oppose outlet, diverting returning expansion pipe to drain or atmosphere
- Installing a new vented tank lid
- Installing insect and rodent screens on cold water storage tanks overflow systems
- Cleaning and disinfection of water storage tanks
- Tank relining